- GPL Development Plans - Future
- Following the entry of SP as the majority stakeholder, the operations of GPL have been stabilized. The first project undertaken by GPL involved the construction of two more multi– purpose berths that would take the quay length to 800 M. These two berths were commissioned some weeks ago taking the potential capacity of the port to 25 MTPA as claimed by GPL.
- Construction of the breakwater is also complete. It is reported that dredging work for the new berths would be completed next month.
- Mechanization and automation for handling fertilizer and coal, minerals and fertilizer under progress.
- Dredging project for enhancing draught to 16 M due to be undertaken in near future reportedly.
- The distance of Gopalpur Industrial Park from the port is about 8 KM; a new connecting road corridor is under construction that will reduce this distance to 3 KM.
- In order to boost its traffic, GPL is also ready to offer land to potential investors reportedly, for development of storage facilities for LNG/LPG/Bunkers/POL Products and Coal subject to mutual agreement. GPL is apparently ready also to offer an existing berth with a backup area or allow development of a new berth with back up storage for handling LNG/LPG/POL or other liquid cargoes.
- Similarly, GPL is reported to be open to considering proposals for building a Container terminal and/or an ICD/CFS either with an existing berth or as a new project.
- Like all other Indian ports, J. M. Baxi & Co. handles vessels under their agency at Gopalpur Port (GPL) also.
AGENCY & SERVICES
Port Of GOPALPUR